Centamin plc (LSE:CEY,TSX:CEE) announced that its gold production for the second quarter of 2012 increased by 40 percent compared to the same period last year, reaching a record of 67,422 ounces.
According to the press release, other highlights of the results include:
- Cash costs of US$565 per ounce (US$729 inclusive of fuel prepayments, see main text)
- Average gold sales price received of US$1,610 per ounce
- Underground mine achieved record quarterly ore production of 116kt, a 269% increase on Q2 2011
- Record mill utilisation of 89%, a 7% increase on Q2 2011
- Record mill throughput of 1,269kt, an increase of 49% on Q2 2011 with record monthly mill throughput in May of 453,457t
- Stage 4 (plant expansion to 10Mtpa) continues to progress well and is on track for commissioning to begin in Q1 2013. Expenditure to date is US$138.7 million