Yukon-Nevada Gold Corp. (TSX:YNG) announced the assay results from its underground drilling program at its Jerritt Canyon project in Nevada. The eight-month program consisted of drilling 37 holes at the Smith mine, 29 of which were defined as exploration drilling and eight of which were described as resource conversion drilling.
According to the press release, highlights include:
- SMI-LX-787 intersected 3.66 meters at 26.13 g/t
- SMI-LX-796 intersected 9.45 meters at 5.28 g/t
- SMI-LX-813 intersected 10.67 meters at 6.31 g/t
- SMI-LX-814 intersected 26.23 meters at 11.45 g/t
- SMI-LX-815 intersected 16.77 meters at 5.62 g/t
Resource conversion and exploration drilling is integral to support mine planning and development. The excellent assay results reported here continue to demonstrate the opportunities to discover and delineate additional mineralization both proximal to and within existing mine(s) infrastructure in support of short and long term mine production goals.